Development Time: 2 weeks
Engine: Adobe Motion Builder (Flash) - ActionScript 3.0
Role: Level Designer, Scripter
Team Size: 6 members
SnowManiacs pits two players together on a block of ice, sliding through the lanes in an attempt to stick a flaming marshmallow into their frosty opponent.
- Collaborated with team to create main combat mechanic of sliding without control until you stop.
- Designed 3 levels for co-op multiplayer action.
- Designed User Interface and User Experience of game menus.
- Scripted music and sound effects for main game and menus.
- Implemented menus - start, options, and level select using ActionScript 3.0.
As a technical designer I felt it was my responsibility to do whatever possible to alleviate pressure on the programmer so he could focus on getting the main mechanics polished and bug-free, and to help make a more well-rounded game as a result of it.