Engine: Unity 5
Development Time: 3 weeks
Role: Concept, Game Designer, Scripter
Fast paced local co-op game where the players must share their weapon, "The Frisbee," and can only throw it at each other. It's cooperation or death in this high-intensity 2-player experience.
This is a prototype of a cooperative experience, where the players can only throw the frisbee to their partner - Essentially, the other player is your crosshair. It is a challenging risk-reward driven experience that tests how in tune each player is to their partner.
- Designed main mechanical systems of catching/throwing to facilitate a cooperation-only experience.
- Designed features such as the duo-power up and totem heads to add elements of risk-reward to the fast paced experience.
- Designed and scripted a power-up feature that affects the frisbee's movement using simultaneous input from both players. If the players work against each other, the frisbee won't move, if they move in the same direction it moves much faster.
- Designed a final boss that uses a form of the player's own frisbee against them.
- Developed flexible Base Enemy class for easy addition and modifying of new enemy types and their behaviors using inheritance in C#.
- Created enemy spawn system that allows for addition/modification of multiple colliders of any type to trigger enemy spawns, allowing for highly flexible level design.
- Scripted generic Health base class to be used by players and enemies alike, allowing for simple yet effective damage & death handling.
- Programmed final boss and enemy behaviors.