Fish Bowl - Oculus VR Tech Demo
E2i - Internal Project
Engine: Unreal 4 - Blueprint Scripting
Development Time: June - August 2016 (3 Months)
Role: Lead Design, Scripter, Producer
Team Size: 4 Members
An first-person underwater VR experience, where the player slowly traverses the depths of a mysterious body of water.
- Tasked with designing brief immersive experience utilizing newly acquired Oculus Rift technology.
- Iterated and developed game controls and user experience using a blend of research of Oculus design standards and playtesting feedback.
- Whiteboxed initial level layout, and populated world with coral, rock, and landscape assets.
- Lit entire scene using a blend of lighting types to effectively guide player direction and interest.
- Created AI fish behaviors using Unreal Blueprints to swim randomly in adjustable bounding boxes.
- Blueprinted glowing cave visual effects.
- Scripted world lighting system to smoothly increase / decrease lighting intensity based on player depth.
- Acted as producer and point of contact for E2i art interns with weekly check-ins and guidance on art direction.
- Critiqued and gave constructive feedback to E2i interns to develop a consistent art style.